This loaded cauliflower soup is an absolute staple in our dinner line up. My 4-year-old requests it weekly. My husband and I love eating it on its own, loaded with all the goodies and the kids love dipping rolls in their soup.
This recipe can be made stove top or in an Instant Pot and comes together quickly. It works great for a Keto diet and is naturally gluten free!
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Medium Yellow Onion
3-4 Garlic Cloves
5 Cups Chicken Broth
32 oz Cauliflower (I like to buy the big bag from Costco)
2 Tsp Salt
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
6-8 Slices Bacon
Shredded Sharp Cheddar
Fresh Ground Pepper
- Roughly chop onions and garlic. These will be blended later, so no need to make them pretty. If you have full heads of cauliflower, seperate them into florets.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbs olive oil and chopped onion. Sautee the onion until soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add in your garlic and sautee until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute.
- Add in your chicken broth, 2 tsp salt and cauliflower and bring to a boil. Boil until your cauliflower is very soft, about 8-10 minutes. When you poke the cauliflower it should easily go through. Remove from heat.
- Put all the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese in the blender. Blend well, until your soup is super smooth. If you dont blend long enough it can have a bit of a thick, grainy texture. I have never over-blended this soupe. If you have an immersion blender, you can blend right in the pot. If you don’t have an immersion blender, like me, your regular blender will do the trick. Your blender won’t fit this entire recipe, so blend in batches. CAREFULLY ladel the hot soup into the blender, and blend well. Pour your blended soup into a different container. Blend as many batches as you need to, usually 2 batches gets it done.
- Return all the soup to your pot, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with shredded sharp cheddar, a chopped slice of bacon, a dallop of sour cream, sliced green onion, and fresh ground pepper.