Its a well known fact that rainy days call for soup, even in California. This super simple Keto chili is one of our favorite go-to soup recipes. Wait, is chili even a soup? Let’s move on.
This recipe is quick and easy to make and always delicious. It can be made in a crockpot, on the stove, or my favorite version is in the Instant Pot.
1 lbs ground sausage (I use hot sausage)
1 lbs ground beef
1 bell pepper, diced (you can use any color, but green will be the lowest carb by a little)
1/2 onion diced
2-4 tsp fresh garlic, depending on preference
1 – 14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
1 – 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tbs chili powder
dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
Shredded sharp cheese (any cheese will do)
Sliced green onions
- If you are cooking in an Instant Pot, put it on the saute setting. If you are making this chili in a crockpot, brown your meats on the stove first. With your Instant Pot on saute, brown your ground beef and sausage together, breaking up the chunks as it browns. If you have and excess of grease, drain it. I always leave a little bit of the grease to cook saute the onions and garlic in.
- Before meat is completely cooked, add your onions and garlic. Salt and pepper generously here! If you don’t season your meats, they will be bland even if the soup is flavorful.
- Throw everything else in now. I told you this was an easy recipe! You can use more or less water, depending on how thick of thin you like your chili. With 1/2 cup water, it will be thick.
- Take a quick taste to check your flavor, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 25 minutes. No Instant Pot, let it simmer on the stove until its time to eat or throw it in the slow cooker until you’re ready to eat!
- Serve with Cheese, sour cream and green onions. ENJOY!